Faith formation is the most essential part of every aspect of Saint Andrew Parish. Every child who participates in any Saint Andrew CYO program must be registered and attend Saint Andrew School, Religious Education or a private Catholic School.
CYO Mission Statement
CYO Sports is one component of a parish’s comprehensive youth ministry program which enables the partnership of parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows youth to grow in their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic Faith.
Such a program:
* Employs healthy and enjoyable competition to promote the sharing of gospel values among athletes, parents, and coaches.
* Assists parish leadership in nourishing the emotional, spiritual, social and physical needs of young people.
* Encourages young people to appreciate the gifts they possess and challenges them to share these gifts with their community.
* Allows youth to witness the life of Christian discipleship in their coaches and adult leaders.
* Encourages youth to become responsible members of their faith community.
Weekly Team Masses:
Coaches are invited to bring their team or group to church and have the honor of bringing up the gifts at the Offertory. One Mass per week is set aside for a CYO “Team Mass”. Contact Scott Persechino, to make arrangements. Available dates are posted on the CYO calendar.